Pages

Saturday 21 December 2019

Week 1- Day 1- Activity 1- Setting Sail

Activity 1-
For this activity, make a list of ten food items that you could take with you. Please think carefully about what you will take as you won’t have access to a refrigerator or freezer while at sea. Please explain why you would select each item.

On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage and the reasons why you chose these items.

10 items-
  • Cookies- I chose Cookies because, its something sweet that doesn't need to be kept cold.
  • Yogurt- I chose Yogurt because, it has Calcium in it and can sometimes be eaten warm.
  • Bananas- I chose Bananas because, it has lots of Potassium in it and is healthy.
  • Pineapple- I chose Pineapple because, it has lots of vitamins in it and it tastes yum!
  • Tomatoes- I chose Tomatoes because, they have a great source of Vitamin C and K.
  • Bread- I chose Bread, because, it has a good amount of protein and gives you energy.
  • Cereal- I chose Cereal because, it is a great breakfast food and a nice way to start the day.
  • Potato chips- I chose Potato chips because, they are a good snack and don't need a fridge.
  • Nut bars- I chose Nut Bars because, they have nuts which are good for you.
  • Dark choc- I chose Dark Choc because, it is a sweet treat but is also good for you.


Thanks for reading my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Megan, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done for participating in the Summer Learning Journey and creating this blog post about 10 food items you would take with you if you were going on a sea voyage with no refrigerator or freezer!
    Cereal, potato chips, nut bars and dark chocolate are all excellent choices as they are non-perishable and will therefore last a long time.
    Fruit and vegetables are also a great addition to your list as they are high in vitamins and minerals and will therefore help you avoid the disease of scurvy!
    I’m not sure how well yoghurt would last on a boat for 3 weeks with no refrigeration. It might go a bit stinky!
    Out off all of the ingredients you have chosen, which one is your favourite?
    What kind of meals would you make out of these ingredients?
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora,
      Thanks for your feedback!
      Yeah I don't think I thought yogurt through to much.
      Out of all the ingredients my favorite was probably pineapple as it's my favorite fruit.
      What would you pick if you were going sea voyage?
      Thanks,
      Megan.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post