Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Ready Set Maths!

Hello and welcome back to Megan's blog. In the Tumu hub we have been doing Math boards these. They are things that show you understand the question that you are trying to answer. There are four boxes and a diamond in the middle. In the diamond it says a problem or equation that you have to answer and in the boxes they say, write a story, solve it numerically, solve it visually and solve it another way. These questions that you answer will prove that you can answer the equation or problem in the diamond. Our teachers got this idea from when they went to Hamilton to learn some more things about teaching. There teacher was Joe Bowler Professor of Mathematics Education at the Stanford Graduate School of Education. I think math boards are really fun and there not to hard and not to easy.














Have you ever made something like this in maths?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post