Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2019

STOP Climate Change!

Reading!


Hello and welcome back to Megan's blog. Today I'm talking to you about climate change and global warming, yes this stuff is all happening. In my reading group we have been reading about all these things. here is some of the facts that I learnt...


Renewable Energy
Anything with energy does something towards our environment also climate change is caused because of things not being put in the rubbish. Renewable energy is energy that is collected from renewable resources, and it is terrible for our environment.


Global Warming
Global warming is when a whole planets average temperature rises. All planet's absorb energy from the sun. On earth, we experience this energy mostly as light. But planets also reflect heat. The heat energy radiates out from the surface of the planet back into space.

Nitrogen
Nitrogen is a element used by plants and animals to build amino acids. Amino acids make up the proteins that help plants and animals to grow. Farmers add nitrogen to the soil as fertiliser to speed up plant growth, but microbes in the soil also use nitrogen.

Greenhouse Gases
Farmings a huge part of greenhouse gases. A cow does a average release between 70 and 120 kg of Methane per year. Methane is a greenhouse gas like carbon dioxide But the negative effect on the climate of Methane is 23 times higher than the effect of carbon dioxide.

Here is a picture of people striking to stop climate change...
How will you save the world?

1 comment:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post