Pages

Thursday 5 August 2021

Writing W2 T3 - Persuasive writing

 This week for writing our task was to write a 3 paragraph persuasive text on a quote and whether we were for or against it. I chose to do, "Happiness is a choice." Here is my work:

Happiness is a choice


Paragraph 1:

I agree with this statement because I truly believe that everyone has the choice to be happy. Everyone has to contribute to their happiness and have the will to be happy. Being happy is more than just receiving gifts and getting what you want, being happy is choosing to keep going, not letting the negative comments get to you and pushing yourself through to be the best person you can be. 


Paragraph 2:

Happy people are not held back by negative emotions or situations, happy people choose to look past those things and realise that they are more than what others think. Since happiness is a choice which means you need to learn how to choose it. The first step is deciding to control your feelings. You must be determined to control your actions regardless of how you feel. You might not feel happy, but you need to stop dwelling on it


Paragraph 3:

Self love is one of the most important steps to being happy. Our image of ourselves has a great impact on our happiness. Doing self love exercises can help a lot with learning to love yourself. As John Spence once said, “Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it, let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.”


Do you think happiness is a choice?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post