Pages

Friday 18 October 2019

My Letter, To My Mother!

My Letter, To My Mother!

At School For PBL our driving question is How can NZ's past influence our future. So we have been going around and doing rotations about the olden days. Today I'm Going to be sharing with you my favourite station, which was early settlers. In this rotation we had to write a letter to a loved one acting as if we have gone on a ship somewhere without them.
Here is my example of a letter.

To my dearest mother,


It has been a long and bumpy 5 weeks across the sea, im hungry and tired,
and the rain is bucketing onto the ship like crazy. The captain says 6 ships
have already sunk and I am worried our ship isn't going to make it. And now
every 5 minutes I find myself sticking my head out the window and vomiting.
Now I have to clean up my vomit and everyone else vomit! There aren't
many people my age here so I am feeling a bit alone. But luckily I have met
a kind hearted maid named senna who is helping me get over my home
sickness. I hope you are doing well, I miss you so terribly much and I can't wait to see you.

From your Seasick daughter Megan.


Do you enjoy writing?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post