Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

Why Does Extinction Happening?

Explanation Writing!
Hello and welcome back to Megan's blog and today I'm going to be talking to you about writing. In the Tumu hub we are doing explanation writing, we had to choose a topic ( any topic we wanted ) and explain in our writing how it works , how you do it or why it is happening. I chose to do why does extinction happen, I chose this topic because I really love animals, and I wanted to know why they were going extinct. Here is my story on why does Extinction Happens.

Why Does Extinction Happen?

Extinction is considered to be the death of the last individual of the species, so today I'm going to be telling you why extinction is happening.

My first reason on why extinction is happening is because of pollution. 4.6 tonnes of gas comes out of one gas powered car alone per year, and that's only one car think of all the gas powered cars there are in the world? That’s right! There are about 70 million gas powered cars, thats a lot of gas! You may not think it but it goes into animals air and causes them to die, because of all that gas, animals are now living in a treacherous environment, and we certainly don't want that.

Secondly, let’s just take a minute and ask ourselves another reason why extinction is happening? It is happening because of hunting. I know that a lot of us humans go hunting quite often but if we keep shooting deer, birds and bunnies, they will become extinct. If there is a bullet in a small animals tummy it is very unlikely to survive, in fact here in New Zealand there was a bird called a Moa but that became extinct because of hunting.It is a shame that our generation missed out on seeing this amazing species.

Finally, factories, now I know I would rather see birds in the sky and tall trees, rather than a big grey building with gas steaming out of it. Now because we see gas in the sky it is causing animals to die. The gas that comes out of the massive building moves through the air and slowly into animals habitats, and obviously animals aren't going to know that their inhaling a deadly substance.

Those are my three reasons on why extinction happens, I hope you learnt something and you are going to make a change.



Do you like writing?

What is your favourite animal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post