Pages

Friday 3 May 2019

Whats Today, Cross Country Day

Cross Country
It is here again...  you guessed it, Cross country day. Yesterday on the 2nd of May my school st Francis did a 15 minute stroll there and back to Walter park to compete in the hardest race ever cross country. Me and my friends walked over to a place we could rest and relax until we raced around Walter park. Some of us started to eat, some read or played some game, we had to wait for about 2 hours. We started to stretch as our race was coming up soon , but after all that waiting it was final our turn to race we were walking over to the starting line with fear dripping of my shoulders. Miss Hansen yelled on your marks GO I was of I decided to save my sprinting for the end of the race so I was just jogging around the track I paced a couple of people then had a bit of a break then I started to run again, the same happened on the second lap except I was a bit more tired. I could see the finish line it was at reach so I picked up my pace and sprinted over the finish line I ended up coming 10th which I think is a good placing. I walked back with my friends relived that I completed the race.




Have you ever competed in cross country, if so what place did you come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post