Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Going Back In Time At Ferry Mead!

Going Back In Time At Ferry Mead!

Hello and welcome back to Megan's blog, today I'm going to be talking to you about our trip to ferry mead. It was a warm Tuesday morning on October 29th and the tumu hub was ready to go on there big trip to ferry mead. We sat on the big bus and drove of. When we got there, most of our faces opened up with excitement. Our session was about the past of new Zealand. Before the fun began we were told the rules which were, keep your back straight, look after your shoes, children to be seen not heard and ladies before gentleman. After we were told the rules we got to dress up like the kids in the olden days, we wore a red, green or blue dress and a white apron over the top. Then we got sorted into our groups, then half of us went to morning tea and the other half played a game called "its in the bag", then we switched so my group half morning tea we had cheerios, animal crackers, marmite crackers and lamingtons. After this we got to explore the park in our groups, in my group was me, Eilish, Sophie, Beth, Carter, Zac, Blake, Noah and my parent help was Liz. My favourite parts were the jail and the school, at the jail there was a man who had a voice speaker and started to talk in a croaky tired voice. Then at the school we pretended it was the olden days, we had to sit up straight, we weren't aloud to make one sound, we had to write with a feather dipped in ink, then we were dismissed. At this trip to ferry mead a learnt loads, and managed to come back with a brain full of facts about the olden days.

Have You Ever Been To Ferry Mead Before, If So What Was Your Favourite Part?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post